Under this call, funding is available for technical rapid innovation projects addressing the following priority areas to support research
- Discovering, Representing and Publishing Information and Results – new methods for representing research results and enabling other researchers, businesses and the general public to actively use and engage with research data and results;
- Analysing Data and Performing Experiments – ICT tools and technologies for performing and capturing data-centric, simulation-centric and experimental-centric research;
- Communication and Collaboration – tools and technologies for enabling communication, collaboration and remote working;
- Managing Research and Research Projects – tools and technologies for administration, designing and managing of projects, modelling project resource
- Actively Engaging Businesses and the General Public (Business Community Engagement) – Business Community Engagement (BCE) comprises knowledge transfer/exchange; employer engagement; public engagement and lifelong learning. See the JISC website for details of the JISC BCE programme.
You can find all the call information in the JISC call 10/09 at: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/
- These are short technical projects, lasting up to 6 – 9 months. Grants of £20,000 to £75,000 are available for individual projects, for up to 8 – 15 projects, at a total funding of £600,000 for this call.
The deadline for all proposals is 12 noon UK time on 11 November 2009.
Eligibility: Proposals may be submitted by HE institutions funded via HEFCE, SFC, HEFCW and DEL Northern Ireland, and by FE institutions funded via SFC, DCELLS Wales and DEL Northern Ireland. FE institutions in England that teach HE to more than 400 FTEs are also eligible to bid provided proposals demonstrate how the work supports the HE in FE agenda.