Becta have released the results of their Harnessing Technology survey. Both reports and the raw data are now available.
The purpose of the survey was to:
- Explore the extent of use and implementation of technology in the operations of FE Colleges and Work-based Learning providers
- Measure progress in harnessing technology effectively to meet the needs of learners
Full details are on the Becta website and look at topics such as:
- Technology infrastructure in colleges
- Hardware and software
- The impact of technology
- Leadership and management of technology
- Staff skills and training
- Technology in teaching and learning
- Suppliers and supporting organisations
The Regional Support Centres get a mention in the “Suppliers and supporting organisations” on p.25 in the FE survey.
“The three main national sector support organisations are also highly valued for supportive dialogue, with JISC RSCs [97%], Becta [89%] and LSIS [81%] all being drawn on for ideas by more than four out of five colleges.”