It was good to see that so many colleagues from FE and Skills providers managed to join JISC Advance online, for the funding briefing Friday morning. In the current economic climate it is welcome news that £1.4 million is being made available across the sector (including adult and community and work based learning) to support initiatives and improve the learner experience.
The focus for the programme is to improve the learner experience and increase efficiency and effectiveness of providers in line with the policies for the sector being led by each of the UK governments.
All the documents explaining the bidding process can be found from this overview page: (No log-in is required despite the wording at the top of the page!)
JISC Advance Grant Funding call document 01-12:
These are the key dates:
- Release of call – 17th February 2012
- Online event – 17th February at 11:00am
- Bid submissions open – 1st March 2012 at 9:00
- Bid submissions close – 31st May 2012 at 12:00
- Closing date for re-submissions – 30th June 2012 at 12:00
- Projects start – all projects can commence, after approval, from 15th April 2012 onward
- Project completion:
- small projects 30th September 2012
- large projects 30th June 2013
The project will be supported by the Regional Support Centres (RSCs) who will provide advice and support for providers in developing and implementing their projects.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss any bid proposals when you have had chance to look at these documents.