Jisc RSC London advisors regularly attend LWBLA network meetings to provide updates on key technology related developments and events that are particularly relevant to the WBL sector in this region.
We’d now like to explore the idea of including these updates in our blog. Here, you will have access to the links we mentioned during the meetings in a single, convenient place that is easy to find. We’d love to hear what you think, so please do let us know!
Here are some of the topics that I will be covering this month:
1. We are planning a new series of workshops for smaller providers and those new to using digital technologies to support learning and teaching
Jisc RSC London is planning to offer a series of free workshops, hosted by learning providers, and particularly targeted at our supported organisations that:
- would like to develop their capacity for using digital technologies
- do not necessarily have a dedicated e-learning platform (a VLE such as Moodle)
- do not necessarily have dedicated staff available to support the use of digital tools and technologies for learning.
This series of workshop meetings will provide opportunities to share good practice and an environment in which we can tackle recognisable challenges for the use of technology, taking away clear directions for actions.Topics covered are likely to include Google apps, online tools, use of students’ and tutors’ own phones and devices, social media and more.
If you think you might be interested in attending such workshop meetings, please email me in the first instance. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Innovation through technology funding – call for projects
Details are available on the Jisc website.
Please get in touch if you are thinking about bidding for an individual or collaborative project. Jisc RSC London can help.
3. Forthcoming online webinars
RSC London Events
All RSC Events
Jisc TechDis Events
NIACE Annual Conference – Learning at the Digital Frontier 11 Dec 2013, Senate House
4. Jisc RSC London WBL conference
Our next WBL conference is being planned for the 28th March 2014 at Senate House. The themes will be Outstanding Practice and Innovation through technology. Watch this space for further details.
The October issue of our regular e-bulletin is available online.
If you are a supported learning provider you can also subscribe to our mailing list, just email email@example.com
6. Jisc RSC E-Learning case studies
These are available via the Jisc RSC website: http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/case-studies
Please send me an email if you’d like any further information on any of the items above or would like to join our mailing list.