Jisc RSC London begins 2014 with preparations for a major conference focussed on WBL and ACL provider needs on the 28 March at Senate House, University of London. For more details on this and other news and events, please see below.
- Technology, Innovation and Success – A conference for WBL and ACL providers
Bookings are now open for this free event via our website.
This conference explores the relationship between innovative uses of digital technologies and outstanding practice. Presentations from Ofsted, the LWBLA and an ACL service will set the scene and present some of the challenges facing the sector today. Delegates can also attend showcase presentations from a number of leading learning providers who have solved challenges through the use of digital technologies in their organisations. There will be workshops (mobile technologies / BYOD, accessibility, maths and English), discussion forums and an exhibition of selected relevant education vendors.
- Jisc RSC London Pop-up “Not Moodle” forum meetings Four meetings of the “Not Moodle” pop-up forum have been held since November. Further meetings arranged for 21st and 30th January with more in the pipeline. Please get in touch with Shri Footring if you’d like to attend or host a pop-up forum.
Launch of the Maths Everywhere App
This is part of the nationwide initiative to help boost adult Maths skills across England. For more details, see the RSC website news item and http://www.mathseverywhere.org.uk
- Forthcoming free, online events
- 7 Feb: ESOL Webinar
- 11 Feb: Safer Internet Day
- 31 Jan Xerte Friday – Xerte in the curriculum
- 6 Feb 2014 Mobile Apps for Learning
- Jisc Digital Festival – 11-12 March 2014, Birmingham
Bookings are now open for the Jisc Conference: http://jisc.ac.uk/digifest
- FELTAG (Further Education Learning Technology Action Group)
Join the conversation at http://feltag.org.uk, open until the end of January.
We look forward to seeing you at LWBLA meetings and future events.